Meetings Industry Research—Cooperative Study—2018
A Study of the Ideal Leadership and Functions of the DMO in the Meeting Planning Process and an Exploration of Evolving Meetings Business Performance Evaluation
SCOPE OF WORK & METHODOLOGY:
- A comprehensive survey of meeting planners will be conducted. The survey will be sent via email invitation to a full spectrum of planners, including corporate, association, and third-party planners, as well as those who plan for city-wides and those solely focused on self-contained meetings. Those meeting planners who participate will be incentivized to do so with a gift card and/or sweepstakes.
- Findings from the survey will be complemented and explored in greater depth with a series of interviews with 10-20 meeting planners. Again, a wide range of meeting planners will be included in order to maximize included perspectives. These interviews will be conducted via online video conference, moderated by Destination Analysts staff and recorded.
CO-OP OPPORTUNITY FOR DMOS:
DMOs have the opportunity to co-operatively participate in the study, and the survey will be designed to yield each participant the following benchmarking data:
- Past use of destination (held a meeting there in past 5 years)
- Desire to use destination for meeting/event in next 5 years
- Overall rating of the destination as a meetings destination
- Ratings of the destination on:
- Popularity of the destination with meetings attendees
- Reputation of the DMO/CVB
- Cooperativeness of the overall community (hotels, government, convention center, restaurants, etc)
- Hotel product
In addition, participating DMOs will also be included in the in-depth interviews with meeting planners.
Note: Individual results for participating DMOs will be made available to that DMO only and not published.
- Complete report of all findings
- Custom destination analysis report
The cost for DMOs to participate is $5,000.
SIGN UP FOR THE 2018 STUDY:
Please complete this online form if you are interested in participating in our next wave of this groundbreaking industry research and a Destination Analysts staff member will follow up with you.
Below is the final report of findings from this groundbreaking industry research conducted by Destination Analysts in partnership with Destinations International and Miles.