DMO/Website Importance Study—Free Tracking Research for DMOs
Destination Analysts is facilitating a study to measure the importance of DMOs and their marketing/communications assets in a period of crisis, through a survey of users of DMO websites.
This complimentary study will provide key insights into users of official DMO websites—and other marketing assets– throughout the COVID-19 crisis, in order to:
- Understand in-depth WHO is currently using the website, as well as HOW and WHY these audiences are using it
- Demonstrate the value of the DMO and its official website—as a local community, B2B, and traveler resource
- Quantify the efforts of the DMO in supporting its local tourism and hospitality and greater community
- Develop metrics that DMOs can use to advocate for the organization, its marketing efforts and its budget
- Show the DMO’s efforts in supporting businesses, partners, the greater tourism and hospitality industry and the local community
The brief website user survey, which appears on your DMO’s website, will:
- Identify the TYPE of website user: local resident, local business owner, meeting/event planner, journalist, traveler who postponed/cancelled a trip, potential visitor looking for trip inspiration, etc.
- Collect information on WHY these audiences are using the website
- Capture opinions and assessments of the VALUE and IMPORTANCE of the content
- Provide an opportunity to collect messages of support for the local tourism and hospitality community
*sample Website Survey on DMO site
The Website User Survey integrates with Google Analytics to provide a wealth of deeper insights including an analysis of site behaviors by different user groups—for example, comparing top pages, page views, and time on site of different audiences such as local residents, local business owners, potential visitors, and meeting & event planners.
Sign Up to Participate
This research is generously sponsored by our friends at Miles Partnership