THE CVB & THE FUTURE OF THE MEETINGS INDUSTRY STUDY 2020
Marketing & Advertising Strategy Edition
An in-depth study of the destination marketing and advertising tactics most successful at reaching and converting meeting planners at various points of decision, including identifying the messaging and creative elements most effective in inspiring planners to bring their meetings/events to a destination, and feedback to help improve current DMO campaigns and outreach efforts.
This study is conducted by Destination Analysts in cooperation with Destinations International and Miles Partnership.
INSIGHTS SOUGHT & OBJECTIVES:
SCOPE OF WORK & METHODOLOGY:
- A comprehensive survey of meeting planners will be designed towards these objectives and conducted. The survey will be sent via email invitation to a full spectrum of planners, including corporate, association, and third-party planners, as well as those who plan for city-wides and those solely focused on self-contained meetings. Meeting planners will be incentivized to complete the survey with a $10 gift card.
- Findings from the survey will be complemented and explored in even greater depth with a series of individual interviews with 20 meeting planners. Again, a wide range of meeting planners will be included in order to maximize included perspectives. These interviews will be conducted via online video conference, moderated by Destination Analysts staff and recorded.
CO-OP OPPORTUNITY FOR DMOS:
DMOs have the opportunity to co-operatively participate in the study, and the survey will be designed to yield each participant the following benchmarking data:
- Past use of destination (held a meeting there in past 5 years)
- Appeal of using destination for meeting/event in next 5 years
- Overall rating of the destination as a meetings destination
- Top of mind desires for advertising/marketing messaging on the destination
Each participating DMO will also have the opportunity to submit an ad/ad campaign for review by at least 10 meeting planners who are individually interviewed, which will provide:
- Meeting planners’ response to the brand positioning and brand messaging of current marketing collateral, specifically their impact on consideration of the destination for future meetings/events
- Identification of ways in which the DMO can deliver memorable creative that positions their destination as a desired meetings destination for key event types, business segments and meeting sizes
- Comprehensive report of findings
- Custom destination analysis of individual results
- Custom video/audio clips of meeting planners discussing the destination/DMO and its ad/advertising campaign
Note: Individual results for participating DMOs will be made available to that DMO only and not published publicly.
The research will commence in October and reporting deliverables will be released in January 2021.
The cost for DMOs to participate is $7,500.
SIGN UP FOR THE 2020 STUDY:
Please complete this online form if you are interested in participating in our next wave of this groundbreaking industry research and a Destination Analysts staff member will follow up with you.
Below is the 2019 final report of findings from this groundbreaking industry research conducted by Destination Analysts in partnership with Destinations International and Miles.